Monday, August 6, 2007

DAY 14 - Sunday

Wow has it been two weeks already. Some days it flies others NOT. The weather has been not as hot only around 114 daily instead of the usual 118-119, believe it or not it seems to make a difference. Actually got down to 86 early this morning (6:10am) -

Lately boom booms at 6:10am for last three days in a row. Nothing close, but can hear them in the distance. Only when we feel the vibes is it actualy closer. Since the US said things are better, they are stepping up the attacks...it helps the Democracts and Liberal Media and they (the Bad Guys-no not John) know it. Oops did I just do a political no no.....

Only excitment today was we had to get gas in the Pajero's (Our cars - the trucks are bongo's yea thats right a Bongo - made by Kia)) but the govt station was closed on Sunday - so Brian O. knew where the Black Market gas was. Wish I had my camera - it was down a back alley - like going into the bad neighborhood in Detroit. The guy there pumped it by hand from some hidden container into 5 gallon cans then into the car. Paid $1.00 a liter for gas (that's about $4.00/gal).
Creepy place. Two guys standing around - guarding...looked like a gang in control. Brian O said it's safe cause it's all about the money. If anything bad happens then no one would come. Funny capitalism at it's prime. Saw some really run down and blown up places, from the fighting. definitely a slum - we gave a couple of dollars to some kids hanging around. Wonder if they actually got to keept it for themselves.

Can't wait till tuesday so I can get my copy of the Bourne Ultimatum....Hopefully I can get some pictures when we drive to that place....lots military vehicles-different types. It's Ok (Adam we checked) to take their pix cause they are in a depot. Just cant take pix of gates, etc for security reason. They get any info they can from were ever they can.

Well thats it for now - another day done in the neighborhood, sans the sweater of course. It's been 30 days since I left Trihealth and 18 days since I left home. 14 days in Kuwait/Iraq.
Better not count this all the time , makes it seem slower.

Feel free to comment or just a note that you read this.....
Bye all

5 comments:

anon said...

Woohoo 2 weeks down! That's really exciting. We will all be in Vegas before you know it. Mom can't remember her password to post on the blog but she reads everyday. I'll help her get a new username and password so she can start writing again. Jeff comes home next weekend for 2 weeks. It will be the first time he's been back since he left last May so we're all really excited for that. I can't believe gas is 4 bucks a gallon. I imagined that it would have been a lot cheaper than that. It's about 2.70 in VA right now. Take care, be safe. What an amazing adventure you're having! WE LOVE YA!!!!!!!

J- said...

Are you at all desensitized by your surroundings yet, or is it still a culture shock? I don't know if you're following the standings, but the Tigers are blowing it, big time; the Sox are still cruising along on their path to another World Series; and the Yanks are stomping all over the bottom feeders. That's a good thing; let their bats get hot in August and then die a slow horrible death through September. You gonna be doing the Fantasy Football League, too? There must be a place in the IZ where you'll be able to watch games.

Dori & Adam said...

Aunt Bonnie - you need to write down your username and password so you can contribute to our virtual chats!

Keep the entries coming - I don't think I have ever gotten online this much! But I always look forward to seeing if you have a new entry or a new picture. Plus it gives me a chance to be funny. Although I think I have exhausted my comic relief. I'll have to take a few days off to replenish "the funny."

I also thought you should know that I was reading an article in the paper yesterday and they used the word "copter." Maybe you are new and hip and Adam and I are just too old-fashioned.

We went and saw Bourne Ultimatum. I have to admit that I liked it the best out of all three, although it was making me dizzy with the way they film the action scenes. Although, I really liked Live Free or Die Hard! I don't know why I like those movies so much. I like them almost as much as Mission in Action and Delta Force, almost, but not quite.

Off to bed. Still recovering from the canoe trip yesterday! Stay away from the dark gas-filled alleyways (did you need gas that badly?) Love ya!

bonnie said...

test

bonnie said...

Finally got someone to help me with this. We had to just set up a whole new thing. let's see if i can handle this one. good idea to take bets. ha ha! Well, love hearing all your goings on brian. Send some more pictures with you in them. Were you crazy to go get the gas? Why do you have to do that yourself? Did you have to drive somewhere that badly? Stay put. love hearing from dori and jason, too. Did you get my email about bruce? Katie sent your blog address to amanda. she will share with her side of the family. Read your blog late last night and then dreamed that I came there to surprise you and I didn't really like it. You were mad at me and we couldn't get me home again. Wow! Didn't sleep well at all so will not read late at night anymore. Love you, stay safe. Bonnie