Friday, August 3, 2007

Day 12 - Friday



Nothing unusual today, but it wasn't as hot only 114 - almost a cool front...almost. Did get to see another of the camps (Liberty)and Sadam's private pools....now the rec area for the soldiers. Didn't have my camera cause I didn't know we were stopping there. There are 2 of the largest darn things I ever saw...you will have to wait for the pix's as I can't even describe it adequately.

I will go back another time...and get pictures of the palaces if I can get to them. Sure I will eventually sometime this year.


They had a little bazaar at the chapel today. Local vendors - rugs, jewelry, movies, knives, stuff like that - too early to get stuff yet. If anyone wants something specific let me know and I can get it. Funny seems to be lots of turquoise items...kinda surprised about that. It's funny the Borne Ultimatum started today and I will have the movie by tuesday......$3....surprisingly very good quality (no heads passing across the screen so far on the others).
A little beat tonight - going to watch a movie and crash. Good Night all

2 comments:

J- said...

Saw Bourne Ultimatum this morning with some friends. A lot of fun. You'll love it, I'm sure. Best movie of the summer, hands down.

Dori & Adam said...

We haven't seen Bourne Ultimatum yet, going this evening. I'm not sure I'll think its better than Harry Potter ;) I'm not sure we would know anything specific to ask for. although Adam did bring me back a really pretty navy blue beaded shawl when he was there. I'm sure Mom and/or Ashley would like something like that!

I've heard that Saddam's palaces were quite posh. I had a friend in a civil affairs unit stationed in Baghdad for over a year and they were actually living inside the palaces. He said they were amazing, along with the pools, etc..like living in the lap of luxury. I'm always amazed at how rules/dictators can live in such wealth while their people live in squalor (not sure I spelled that right).

Anywho - get a good nights sleep. We are thinking of you!