Tuesday, July 24, 2007

DAY Two & Three - Still Kuwait

Not a happy camper. Yesterday up all day trying to get on a flight to Baghdad. Got assigned one and they miss placed my CAC Card - so at 2:30am this morning I couldn't board the plane. They didn't find my card till 5:30am - so I was up all night. Got rebooked at 910 for a 1130am flight. They palleted our bags and we boarded a bus (hot) to the AFB for a C-130 to Baghdad....well after sitting on the bus an hour in 100+ we got on the 110+ C-130 and sat there for an hour - it was broke. Reboarded the bus and it took us to got eat but then after one bite called us back. We got back and the plane was never fixed. Sat around in 120+ for three hours.

We just got back to the Camp....never got off the ground. You have no idea how hot it is. Drank gallons of water and was soaking wet. No food since yesterday. Well two bites of a beef and rice thing and we had to reboard that bus. Still am cause no gear. We have to wait till 2030 (830pm) to see when we go out again.

It's one messed up process..... at least I got another VIP room/tent and its AC'd.....for now. No gear cant change or anything. Good deodorant though. :)

Did get some pictures of the tents, planes and me sweating like a hog....and one bombed bunker for 1991. Can't post anything on these pay to email computers so you have to wait.

I am very very tired and oh did I say HOT......

Hopefully I get out tonight or tomorrow but have no idea at all. We are supposed to be on the priority list but it's the govt and I won't hold my breath.

Going to eat something and then rest. So thats all for now

Hope next entry from Baghdad...

Miss everyone, wish I was home.

More to follow , hopefully things get better.
DAD

2 comments:

Dori & Adam said...

So...did you say you were HOT? No offense, but what did you expect, its the desert in July! Adam has reassured me that the temp's do drop at night in Baghdad (and can atually get "cold" during some parts of the year). At least you have air conditioning. Sorry you have been stuck in Kuwait for longer then expected, I'm sure that is no fun at all. Atleast you can look back fondly on your 11 hour flight over there. The rest of us wouldn't know what its like to fly business class, we are just regular ordinary citizens who have to fly "regular" with the people who ooze into our seats and hog the armrests.

Take care of yourself. Try to get some sleep (and of course you should eat something). We love you and miss you. Believe me, you might be wishing you were in Baghdad now, but once you get there, you'll probably wish you could go back to Kuwait. Let us know how your flight on the C-130 is...don't think it'll be like business class ;)

Ashley said...

So there is alot of hot cold stuff goin on? FUN! Luckily you dont have mine or dori's skin, heh you would be EVEN MORE MISERABLE! lol, so how are you r sinuses. Oh BY THE WAY, I got to in herit your sinuses ... its been very VERY interesting. LOL So you were in Kuwait for forever were you? hmmm, now that you are in baghdad, which do you like better? What are the people like? Oooo, cant wait for more details! stay safe! loves and tsuch!