Sunday, July 22, 2007

Day One - Kuwait

Well the flight to Kuwait was cool - Business Class on a 777 is like (did I just say LIKE- oh my gosh Ashley is rubbing off on me) better than first class on regular flights. I could stretch out and not touch the person in front of me, maybe thats why it cost 4800. Mimosa's, shrimp, movies, reclining seat (lazy boy style)...too neat. Watched a few eps of Hero's then feel asleep.

Arrive Kuwait city, airport looks like all others but very modern. Had to wait for a bus to take us to Ali Al Salem AFB - one hour drive....Did I mention it was HOT. Somewhere in the middle of the desert. Got processed and assigned to Tent B-1 for tonight - did I say anything about it being VERY HOT. Not much to do, its like a dust bowl - hazy all the time. Gonna eat at either Mickie D's or Pizza Hut can you believe it. Then off to sleep - tent has about 8 of us in it and yes its AC'd...haven't met anyone as yet....

I leave for Baghdad tomorrow night around 2100 (that's 9PM). C-130 I suppose, should be interesting. Not sure what I will do tomorrow guess not much to do, except eat and read. Wrong plugs for my elctronic stuff....all outlets like a dryer one. Oh suppose i didn't mention its DARN HOT.

It was like a blast furnce when I left the airport. 112 - it was very dry but HOT none the less....weird not really sweating much, but hot. Very windy and very dusty....landing it looked like a haze all over the place. Didn't want to get off the plane .

No pictures yet, they aren't keen on them regarding anything military ....will take one of my living quarters tomorrow if I can . Assigned to Tent B-1 (VIP) it says can't imagine any different from the others.

Well thats it for now, miss every one and keep the posts coming.
Love Ya all

1 comment:

Ashley said...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! I AM THE FIRST POST! FINALLY! YAY ME!!!!!!!

and ... how could you say that daddy! I dont say 'like' that much..do I? well back to the story. You are spoiled. SPOILED! on that plan, no fair. Mine was cool, but it was still, no leg room. That must have been so much fun! You actually slept though? Hmmmmmmmm.

Hot. Well what did you expect to find in the middle of no where? Yuck, I could never go down there, even if it wasn't all, 'scary'. Hot, Hot, Hot, make sure you use lots and lots of sunscreen! Dont burn your head!

WOw, wonderful choice of words, yummy, and I hope you meet someone soon so you aren't alone in the wide wide world.

BUT HOW WAS THE JOURNEY!!! What was flying across the area like, windy? desserty? (ok i dont think thats a word *shrugs* oh well)

Well good luck, be safe, and that 24 hour clock thing is sooooo confusing! It took me forever to get the hang of it! but your smarter at that stuff than me! Take lots of pictures, and be wary!

Love ya lots =^_^=